I just found the BEST recipe ever to eat udon in a new way – Creamy Mentaiko Udon.
Hello! I would like to share this very simple salad which both Y-chan and I love very much! It’s not the usual healthy salad because I’m using mayonnaise and sausages. Fat and salt contents. However, you can edit my recipe to match to your healthy scale! 😀
- Broccoli – any amount you want
- Sausages – 3 ~ 4 pieces
- Frozen corn – any amount you want
- Mayonnaise (Japanese type) – 2 tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut broccoli into bite-size and bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add a pinch of salt into the boiling water and boil the ingredients (Broccoli, Sausages and Corn) together.
- Once boiled, drain away excess water and let it cool down.
- Slice the sausages and remove excess water (and fat) with kitchen paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill in the fridge.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it and serve.
I was looking through the Japanese recipe website randomly and found this awesome dish. Initially, I was quite skeptical about adding sesame oil into my salad because the taste might not match. But I just gave it a shot and chilled it in the fridge. After I’ve unwrapped the cling wrap, the aroma from the sesame oil was so inviting that Y-chan and I finished it within 10 minutes.
Other ingredients I would recommend to add into this salad:
- Mashed hard-boiled egg
- Fusilli pasta
Do give it a try when you need one more dish to complete your meal! 😀 Enjoy!
P/S: For the sausages, try to use those with springy & crispy texture because it gives the ‘bite’ for the salad.