Today, I’ll be sharing the recipe for sweet version of Tamagoyaki. It’s the one I usually make for Y-chan’s bento.
- Eggs – 4 medium sized
- (A) Sugar – 1½ tablespoon
- (A) Sake (cooking wine) – 1 tablespoon
- (A) Shoyu – ½ tablespoon
- (A) Salt – a pinch
- Cooking oil
- Mix (A) well, then crack in the eggs.
- Blend the mixture well.
- Heat up the pan (Medium heat) and grease it with cooking oil (using kitchen paper to grease every corner & to remove excess oil).
- Pour in one-third of the egg mixture into the pan, and swirl to even out the mixture.
- Once the runny mixture begins to harden (especially the center area), use a turner to fold-in one-third of the egg omelette to the center.
- Then again to complete the first-inner roll.
- Grease the pan again (top area), then push the egg roll to the top and grease the bottom area.
- Pour in another one-third of the egg mixture.
- Using chopsticks/turner, lift up the sides of the egg roll to allow the egg mixture to flow in (which forms the 2nd layer).
- Allow the runny mixture to set and then fold it in with the turner.
- Repeat the same steps with the remaining egg mixture.
I’ll share the savory version soon (I hope). 🙂