Hellossss!! 🙂 How is your day? It’s soooooo cold the past few days because it was snowing all over Kanto on the 4th. The snow outside my apartment accumulates to about 5cm within an hour. I wanted to go out and play in the snow but I’m shy so I just hid myself inside the kotatsu. (._.)
Okies, it’s been some time since I last wrote a recipe post, so here I am, sharing this Matcha (Green tea) Choco Cookie recipe. 😀
Ingredients (makes about 30 pieces):
- (A) Butter – 115g
- (A) Sugar – 150g
- (A) Egg – 1 (beaten)
- (B) All purpose flour – 125g
- (B) Matcha (Green tea) powder – 20g
- (B) Baking powder – 2g
- (B) Salt – 0.8g
- (C) Chocolate chips – 160g
Needed kitchen tools:
- Big bowl
- Baking sheets
Let’s get started:
- Bring the butter & beaten egg to room temperature.
- In a big bowl, add in butter and start whisking until the butter turns creamy.
- Add in ½ portion sugar into 2 and continue whisking.
- Repeat the same for the other ½ portion of sugar and whisk until it gets fluffy.
- Add in the beaten egg slowly and continue whisking (wet mixture).
- At this point, sieve (B) i.e. dry mixture together.
- Preheat oven at 180℃.
- Fold a-third of (B) into the wet mixture with spatula.
- Repeat the same step, i.e. another one-third of (B), until (B) is completely mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix equally.
- Line baking pan with baking sheets and drop the batter.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets and allow it to cool on a rack.
- Once cooled, you may start snacking on it. 😀
The original recipe was actually for double choco cookie but I switched from cocoa powder to matcha powder and changed the grams used. If you would like to do double choco cookie, please use 30g of cocoa powder instead of 20g. 🙂
I used to bake this cookies for Y-chan and sent it over to Japan before Valentine’s day. However, now that we’re living together, chances of baking this decreased. :O That’s because I’m baking other goodies such as chiffon cakes, pound cakes and muffins. 😉
This recipe is super easy, so I hope you will try it out. 😀
Will be going back to Yamaguchi this weekend and hopes the weather is treating us good. 🙂