Hello!! How’s your FRIDAY? 😀 Any plans over the weekend?
Today is Y-chan’s birthday but we are on an emergency trip back to Yamaguchi and already on our flight there.
Anyways!! If you have no plans over the weekend, how about you try this recipe out for your dinner? (Sorry if you don’t have an oven at home!) (T_T)
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- Mid-joints wings (w/ or w/o tail also OK) – 7 ~ 9 pieces
- Black Pepper (grounded) – ½ tablespoon
- Sake (Japanese cooking wine) – 1 tablespoon
- Mirin – 2 tablespoons
- Honey or Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Shoyu – 4 tablespoons
- Mix everything in a bowl including the wings and cover with cling wrap and rest in the fridge.
- Allow the wings to marinate for at least 2 – 3 hours and mix the wings from time to time. [Note: this will allow the marinate to ‘absorb’ into the wings and mixing it from time to time allows the marinate to coat equally.]
- Preheat the oven at 200°C and lay baking sheet on baking pan.
- Once the oven is preheated, line the wings on the baking pan and into the oven.
- Bake for 20 ~ 25 minutes.
- Serve on plate.
I tried to make full use of my oven because electricity & gas are expensive in Japan. So I cut some potatoes into wedges and sprinkled olive oil and salt over it and place it on any empty spaces I can find in the baking pan. Then I found out I have some leftover asparagus in the freezer compartment, so I sliced a few stalks of it and scattered it over the baking pan.
This wings tasted so great that Y-chan told me to ‘delete’ the few previous wings’ recipes and focus on this instead. 😀 I love it too because it tasted like the wings I used to eat when I was about 8 years old? My aunt used to bake chicken wings for me and my cousins after we ended our school. She fed me too well that I was almost…. overweight.
P/s: Do use the Japanese shoyu instead of the normal soy sauce because the taste is different.